[Microbiology] Bioburden Test Problems

Carolyn Jacobs via microbio%40net.bio.net (by carolyn_jacobs from labs-inc.org)
Fri Feb 20 16:11:17 EST 2009

Hello,
I am having difficulty neutralizing vancomycin in a product that requires sterility testing.  I have been using filtration with Fluid D and resin beads in TSB but would like to be able to do a direct inoculation into a medium that would neutralize the vancomycin.  CYLG is mentioned in the literature but I cannot find any additional information except that it is casein yeast lactate glucose medium.  Is there a formulation available?

Or alternately is there a medium that will help me achieve my goal?

Thanks,

Carolyn Jacobs, RAC

Director of Microbiology
LABS, Inc