Pictures @ the Moderator particulary

N10 limbic_lesion at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:31:42 EST 2005

"Lesley Robertson" <l.a.robertson at tnw.tudelft.nl> wrote in message
news:a3d19$42303b86$82a1f636$23685 at news1.tudelft.nl...

> "N10" <limbic_lesion at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:d0p9nm$2d2$1 at sparta.btinternet.com...
>> Hi
>>
>> Does this group support posting pictures. Ive just finnished 6 months
>> validation of spiral plating and optical counting and I had the thought
>> to share some pictures.
>
> The Newsgroups are set up for text only - to the point where some
> newservers will reject  messages with binary attachments. Apart from
> anything else, many people are very sensitive about attachments from folk
> they don't know these days. There is a collection of groups intended for
> binaries, but they don't have the best reputation in the world.
>>
>> Also I would be interested in seeing photos of other peoples work or
>> items such as Lesley's photon emitting bugs.
>
> The easiest way to do it is to do what I did, stick them on a web site and
> invite people to have a look. I've done this with stuff from the Archive I
> look after as well - http://www.beijerinck.bt.tudelft.nl - and it's been
> pretty well-received, with periodic requests for permission to use the
> pics in publications coming in.
> Lesley Robertson

Hi Lesley

Yes I undertsand and I dont think most of the binary  groups would be
interested in my pictures !

The idea of setting up a web site appeals to me and I will go ahead and do
that as apparently I have some
spare web space on one of my accounts.

In fact I might  I might consider hosting microbiological pictures for those
here who dont have any web space

Thanks for the top tips

N10 :)