fermentation of coli and plasmid stability

Duncan Clark junk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed May 14 03:07:03 EST 2003

Historians believe that in newspost
<vjqvbv89ai20ch4h2hv718jts9duopstbl at 4ax.com> on Mon, 12 May 2003, Ede
<bggfg at gmx.de> penned the following literary masterpiece:
>I`m working in a biotech company and when i use this hok/sok system it
>have to be patent free. somebody have informations

Not sure on hok/sok but as it is in plasmid R1(?) and there have been a
number of small R1 derivatives around over the years, there is no reason
why one of those couldn't be used, presumably patent free.

As to whether hok/sok works on a high copy colE1 based vector, I am not
sure. pBR322 is fine but pUC???

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark