Well, it's pretty hard to decide what's wrong here, since you didnt give
us much detail! Probably you're running out of memory, especially if
you're running linux. Send some more detail:
- Which processor and how fast?
- How much memory are you using?
- Which operating system?
- Which tree generating program is crashing?
- What size hard drive and how much free space?
- How long does it run for before crashing?
You should monitor the memory usage while it's running and see if it's
running out. You can do this on any operating system.
Cheng-chih Wang wrote:
> A friend has been trying to run phylogentic tree on multiple alignment which
> includes about 1000 sequences. She crashed three computers and still without
> getting anywhere. Anybody can help, in terms of computer solutions? Thanks
> in advance.