weird bacteria - Update

Artem Evdokimov AEVDOKIMOZ at cinci.rr.com
Tue Mar 11 20:15:18 EST 2003

> What I don't understand is:
>
> 1) Why do you think I have two strains when it's easier to explain what
> I see with one strain than with two?

For all it's worth, I personally do not think you have two discrete bugs. I
think you've got one species with some very weird traits.

If you have two species, than both of them probably are gram-negative rods
(according to your staining experiment). In theory, your sequencing should
tell you if you have more than one strain - the result would be totally
muddled.

Artem