weird bacteria - Update

Trond Erik Vee Aune trondaun at biotech.NOSPAM.ntnu.no
Tue Mar 11 12:15:03 EST 2003

DenniS wrote:
> His picture looks like it is a pure plate more than a streak plate.

As I told in an earlier posting it _is_ a streak plate, but the colonies
do not form continously, they sort of just pop up somewhere along where
I've streaked. And they also pop up away from where I originally
streaked because they are swarming. After a few days they have covered
the whole plate, but they still do not seem to like growing close to
eachother, so it is only sporadic colonies all over the plate.

The question now is whether this strange growth is caused by one strain
or more.

Trond Erik

>  but the
> growth on some of the colonies look odd?

They have an irregular border. And in some cases they develop in an
spiral (you can see this on some of the closest colonies). But I
wouldn't say that there is any reason to suspect multiple strains
because of this, the colonies seem fairly homogenous to me.

> Judy does the colonies look like a
> GNR to you?

What's this then?

Trond Erik