The SAR's virus?

Crystalviolent crystalviolent at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 19:26:46 EST 2003

In article <3ea17dc5.10926114 at news.dsl.pipex.com>, coroscant at hotmail.com
(Christopher) writes:

>the news about this virus I was just wondering that if a cure wasn't
>found, could it kill off most of the entire human race,

The mortality rate of SARS (a Corona virus) worldwide is 4.8%. (USA is 0%)
Pandemics of viral influenza (a Myxo virus) are much higher and IT hasn't wiped
out the human race.
Simian herpes, on the other hand, is 99% fatal to humans. Good thing the
manufacturers have great quality control/assurance on the green monkey kidney
cells we use in the lab. ;-)