help for chlamydia purification

abi65 at katamail.com abi65 at katamail.com
Thu Apr 10 09:05:49 EST 2003

 am wondering whether anyone could kindly help me with the following
situation:

I am trying a protocol for purification of C.Trachomatis EB (ser D) comprising a sucrose gradient, but at present we loose
about 2 logs IFU with respect to the starting material.
A colleague of mine claims that i should have an amplification of at least one log after 48 hours since he says one inclusion contains about 100 EB.
I have never read such a  figure in any paper.
Is thre anyone who knows how many EB are there in one inclusion?
Could someone suggest me an alternative protocol?
Thank you very much
alessandra

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_microbiology&begin=0