Aneal two long single strand complementary primers

Scott Coutts scott.coutts at med.monash.edu.au
Mon Oct 7 07:09:15 EST 2002

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking...

Do you mean that you have two single-stranded DNA molecules that you
need to anneal together, to make a double stranded segment which you
then want to ligate into a vector? If so, just heat them up to 90
degrees C, leave to cool to room temperature and then put them on ice.
They'll anneal if they're complimentary.

Sorry if I've completely missed the point of your question!