How animals in the hydrothermal vent can live with the high temperature.

Davin C. Enigl enigl at aol.com
Fri Mar 29 18:25:50 EST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:22:10 +0000, Jonathan Silverlight
<jsilver at merseia.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>If you're thinking of the paper I think you are (it's on-line at the
>PNAS web site) they _didn't_ find infectivity at 1000C but they did at
>600C. Their theory is that some inorganic matrix survives at that
>temperature but not at 1000C.

I think I was thinking of this one:  at least Paul Brown's data I
heard in a lecture was probably from here:

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/97/7/3418?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&author1=Brown%2C+P&fulltext=Prion&searchid=1017444007386_4866&stored_search=&FIRSTINDEX=0