IUBio

source for E.coli NB42

Thu Aug 15 20:22:32 EST 2002

I checked ATCC and DSM, too: no tace of NB42. Could not find it at the
genetic stock
center either. I am not sure if the author of the original post care
anymore, but it's an interesting question: the strain is mentioned in a
number of papers, but nobody cares to indicate the source of it, neiher to
give a simple description. Unfortunately, many journals don't require more
detailed descriptions of unconventional strains anymore, and that might be
quite frustrating.
Emir

"Richard Oeffner" <roeffner at csusm.edu> wrote in message
news:3D5BEC66.E5C7EABA at csusm.edu...
> You might also want to search the ATCC website, i think it is
www.atcc.org.
> There is also a culture collection in Europe ... I think it is DSMZ, but
it is
> in Germany I believe. These are places to order bacterial strains, etc.
They
> might help you find out more about your question.
>
> Richard
>
> Emir Khatipov wrote:
>
> > I was also curious, and did the search myself after I saw the initial
post.
> > However, no clue where people get this strain from. I would just contact
> > authors of original papers who used the strain. Check Pubmed
> > (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov ), as well as protein structure section at NCBI:
some
> > proteins were expressed in NB42 for crystallization. My guess is it is
> > Neatene's NovaBlue strain, but there is no reference on their website.
Maybe

http://www.sydneywater.com.au/html/AER2000/html/qual_inland/hawkes_berowra_b
> > act.htm
> > >

> > > Found it in the following HTML document.  Perhaps Y.Q.GOSSER etal.
would

blaschke at november.de
www.november.de

3,