weird growth on agar

Andrea Rechenburg andrea.rechenburg at ukb.uni-bonn.de
Thu Sep 27 04:31:45 EST 2001

in_vivo at usa.net (Patrick) wrote:

>Plus, how much time does a normal Legionella strain usually take to
>form a lawn on the BCYE plates? Overnight or two days or even longer,
>if I spread the bacteria with 150ul of OD600=3.0?

Hi Patrick,

we give our Legionella a little bit more time to grow. Usually you can
see small colonies after two days, but it´s better to grow them for
five days. Make sure the humidity in your incubator is high enough.
If there is a ventilator the agarplates run dry and the growth will be
retarded.

Andrea