Bacterial density

Laurent laurentla at caramail.com
Thu Sep 20 07:38:42 EST 2001

Alex Rickard wrote:

> The best bet is using a 96 well automated reader such as an Anthos
> unit. What are the strains you are testing? Are these "strains" able
> to autoaggregate? Also, do they have the same growth kinetics? This
> will alter/make difficult the taking of your readings.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex
I don't know exactly what you mean by autoaggregate: if culture are
not sufficiently shaked, bacteria form a biofilm. When culture are in
strationnary stage
they seems to be aggregated. But, when culture are shaked they do not
seems to aggregate
(as I can see).
Strains belong to Pseudomonas, so they are fast growing and strictly
aerobic.
I think that they do not have the same kinetics of growth.

I will try the microplate solution. I hope that it will be possible to
shaked the plate sufficiently!

Thanks veyr much.
Laurent