lost of degradation ability

Felipe Wettstein felipe.wettstein at ioez.tu-freiberg.de
Tue Sep 11 09:45:45 EST 2001

Hi all
I isolated some strains that degrade chlorobenzene (plating on
mineralmedium, fed with only chlorobenzene, replicaplating to prove growth).
Then I stored them in -80 C. (50% glycerol, colonies from fresh
mineralmedium agar, fed with chlorobenzene).
And now, something very interesting happend: When I take out the strains,
some do not eat the dirt any more (replika plating).
Has anyone had the same experience? Does anyone has suggestions how I could
manage to have my bacteria eating the dirt again.
thank you

felipe