IUBio

Image analyzers for gel electrophoresis

Trond Erik Vee Aune teva at online.no
Wed Jun 6 10:49:00 EST 2001

Hi again

I currently use Quantity One image analyzer to analyze my DNA
electrophoresis gels. Unfortunately the program is not good enough for
my needs, it has lots of problems estimating size of fragments from
standards, estimating concentration of bands, and colony counting. I
actually think this is because of really bad algorithms.

Does anyone here have another program to recommend? It would be great if
it could import pictures directly from my LCD camera (gel doc 2000 -
biorad).

(Is there a better newsgroup for genetics than this? My search have met
with unsuccess.)

Regards,
Trond Erik Vee Aune