IUBio

Microbiology List: FW: plating efficiency

Neil MacCallister nmaccallister at webtv.net
Tue Jan 30 10:52:32 EST 2001

Thank you for this information!  I'm doing fine so far using plate
counts on Letheen  and Sabdex agars.  But this is tantalizing technology
for the future,...if appropriate for my application. (e.g., How does the
FDA feel about this?)  I suppose it would be fine if calibrated
regularly, and perhaps supported by challenge from an outside
proficiency testing organization. The work load is due to increase in
the next year, and this system may produce quicker results. Thanks
again, especially regarding your providing several company
names/systems. NM