IUBio

Microbiology List: FW: Lost of plasmids

Rupal Deva rupal at cipmail.ukbf.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 19 09:52:21 EST 2001

Hi Mirim

most of the pathogenic bacteria lose there pathoginicity when grown on
artificial medium. I think that is the reason why the etec strain is
losing the olasmid too. It is advisable to pass the pathogenic bacteria
through a host. which keeps its all pathoginicity properties. subculturing
is not recomonded. another thing you can do is to aliquote the fresh
culture( when obtained) and store in glecerol at -70 degrees in different
tubes. use each tube for not more then 3-4 subculturing.
use such culturfor the experiment

wish you good luck
Rupal

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Hochberg, Alan M wrote:

> [...]

---