A way of measuring bacterial activity? Ideas?

marty avicat at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 15:23:54 EST 2001

You might check the growth condition required for some algae or
blue-green algae that produce chlorophyl. I think there are some
photosynthetic bacteria that may also prove easy to grow. I don't think
all of them are exceedingly hard to grow. Provide ample light and you
can probably measure pigment production in the visible light range on
your spectrophotometer.