IUBio

Yeast clone recovery from glycerol stock

Jackson, John C. JohnC.Jackson at anheuser-busch.com
Thu Sep 14 10:13:58 EST 2000

Definitely try the rapid thaw procedure I mentioned.  I've made stocks in the
past with high glycerol concentrations and been able to streak out frozen chunks
onto media with good success.  I've always tried to go onto rich media (ie
non-selective) at first, but then you run the risk of losing a plasmid (or two),
but some plasmids are almost impossible to lose.  Good luck.

--John

---