Sputum for C&S

lamb L.A.M.Buisman at cable.A2000.nl
Wed May 31 14:20:31 EST 2000

I also wonder if the Dutch are the only ones.
I have colleagues from Germany, South-Africa, Bosnia. None of them ever said we
were doing something odd.
The other "foreign" colleagues were trained here so they don't count.

Dangerous, it would seem to be. Strange really, in our lab we are very much aware
of dangerous procedures. But this is the standard procedure in this country.
The washing is done cautiously, if  rougher washing is needed there is no question
of splashing. I have never (in 31 years) encountered lab. infections, no more colds
than normal, and no TB. I know, that is no valid reason to say it is absolutely
safe.

Loes