growth of camphylobacter sp.

david.lawton1 david.lawton1 at ntlworld.com
Sun May 21 12:20:15 EST 2000

25g chicken macerated in 225 ml Campylobacter selective broth.
Incubate at 37C for 24 hours followed by 41.5C for 24 hours
Subculture to Campylobacter CCDA (recipe available from www.oxoid.com) and
incubate
plates at 37C for 48hrs.
The easiest way to incubate the plates is in an anaerobic jar, using a
CampyGen gas pack also
available from Oxoid.
Camps will grow, if you have an anaerobic system which requires the use of a
catalyst,
and you don't use the catalyst.

--
David Lawton