vancomycin-eating bacteria

Dilworth dilworth at megsinet.net
Sun May 7 11:37:59 EST 2000

What kind of bacteria?  VRE, or vancomycin resistant enterococci are
isolated in many laboratories nowadays, unfortunately.  Don't know about
the "eating" comment; sounds rather unmicrobiological to me.  What do
others in the NG say?  I am also cross-posting to sci.med.laboratory, as
these folks work in hospital labs routinely.

Judy Dilworth, M.T.(ASCP)
Microbiology again!