Bread Microbiology

Tim Marsh tpm at zoom.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 13:43:12 EST 2000

Can anyone help,

I am trying to find information about the microbiological characteristics of
bread and hotplate goods (eg, crumpets and pancakes): what organisms are
most commonly found in bakeries; good practice for bakery production; how to
identify the various bacteria / yeast / mould and so on.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be a happy bunny!

Many thanks,

Tim