Medical Bacteriology Lab?

paul_wary at yahoo.com paul_wary at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 19:16:08 EST 2000

Does anybody know a good book where I can look up all diagnostically
relevant properties of medically important bacteria (e.g. type of
hemolysis, resistance or susceptibility towards all kinds of
antibiotics, biochemical properties like enzyme activities, nutritional
requirements, growth on special media)? It should be reference-like and
the bacteria and their properties should be found easily and quickly. I
already have a standard medical bacteriology textbook but the practical
lab information I'm looking for is either splattered over whole chapters
or, for the greatest part, cannot be found at all.

Illustrations showing colony morpholgy and things like that would also
be a good thing but are not absolutely necessary.

Flow charts that show how to perform the appropriate tests for
identifying bacteria in the right order (like if test A result is X then
perform test C, if test B result is Y then perform test D, and so on)
would also be great.

Does anybody know such a book covering the lab tasks in medical
bacteriology (and not [just] the "theory")?

Paul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.