Salmonella sp. vs. Proteus

hec helle_christensen at mail.tele.dk
Fri Jan 21 16:05:09 EST 2000

Hi does anyone know a good quick method, how to identify eg, Proteus
Mirabilis and Citrobacter without any fancy equipment. I make Salmonella
samples ( from poultry) every day, but often I get false results in Triple
Sugar Iron. It would help me if I could identify Proteus M in the lab,
instead of spending a lot of money in sending the samples in for futher
identification. ( The danish law says that every Salmonella suspect sample
should be sent in for identification.)
Thanks
Helle Christensen
helle_christensen at mail.tele.dk