Need Aroclor PCB Monoclonal

David B. Hedrick davidbhedrick at icx.net
Sat Jan 8 21:13:30 EST 2000

spotsnall:

> Since PCBs are complex mixtures, do you know which one reacts with the
> monoclonal?

	You don't unless you check it against all the homologs and isomers.
About 300 different chemicals, I beleive.  An antibody test is only a
reasonable method to determine PCB's if you already do those tests, and
you don't need quantitative or precise data.  Chemical or
chromatographic methods are usually better.

> I'm curious, what are these used for?  I believe that at least in the US.
> the polyhalogenated biphenyls have been off the market for decades.

	There are still deposits of PCB's, such as at the bottom of the Hudson
River, and so still people trying to get bacteria to eat them.

--
		~DBH

Technical writing, literature search, and data analysis at the interface
of chemistry and biology.

	davidbhedrick at icx.net

	David B. Hedrick
	P.O. Box 16082