Mycoplasma, AIDS, Gulf War

lamb L.A.M.Buisman at cable.A2000.nl
Thu Jan 6 14:34:04 EST 2000

Neil McKenna wrote:

> Mycoplasma is an odd type of bacterium that has absolutely NO cell wall.
> There are two main members of the species: M. pneumoniae (causes
> pneumonia, usually in immunosuppressed individuals) and M. genitalium
> (causes an STD (I'm not sure which one)).
>
> I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities to see infections
> of either mycoplasma  in AIDS patients, considering they're
> immunosuppressed.

There are many more Mycoplasma's. Hominis, fermentans, also some plant-pathogens
if I remember right.The one that is by some thought to have a relationship (or
even the cause!) of AIDS is a completely different one, I forgot the name. The
Gulf War Mycoplasma is that same one or a different one again. In Amsterdam a lot
of people have vague symptoms of all sorts (lungs, joints, etc.) after a Boeing
crashed on a flatbuilding in 1992. Some people claim that the Gulf War Mycoplasma
or a related one is the cause.

Loes