Bacterial pool sizes

Dr. S. Shapiro toukie at zui.unizh.ch
Thu Aug 5 08:55:09 EST 1999

Dear Colleagues;

     I am seeking information about the "average" pool sizes of free amino
acids and phosphate (inorganic and organically bound) in the "average"
mid-log phase bacterial culture.  I should prefer to have values
expressed in terms of "gramme per 100 g cell dry weight", though other
units may also do.  Of course, references are always very helpful.

     If you can help me, kindly contact me _directly_ at

                     toukie at zui.unizh.ch

Thanks in advance to all responders,

S. Shapiro
toukie at zui.unizh.ch