Inclusion bodies

Chris Fields cjfields at jove.acs.unt.edu
Mon Aug 2 11:09:07 EST 1999

Dr Lester Davids wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Looking for advice as to how to PREVENT proteins from getting into these
> damn bacterial inclusion bodies! It seems out native proteins are not
> but our mutant proteins are. Any suggestions out there?
>
> Thanx,
> Lester Davids

Try growing at different temperatures (we had luck at 25-30 degrees).
Also, I have read something related to this on the bionet.proteins group
about coexpressing a chaparone protein for folding.  You may also want
to consider denaturation-renaturation using urea or guanidium
hydrochloride.

--
C. J. Fields
Dept. of Biological Sciences