antibiotics

kiewel306 at my-deja.com kiewel306 at my-deja.com
Mon Aug 2 10:31:28 EST 1999

I have a general question about the wide-spread use of antibiotics.  I
am cell biologist, but I realize the problems that the over-use of
antibiotics has caused, namely the development of resistant strains of
bacteria.  I was wondering what the experts (meaning microbiologists
and not MD's) thought about the use of "topical antibiotics".  Recently
I've seen many consumer products advertising the use antibiotics- hand
soap, dish soap, mouth wash, band-aids, etc.  Are we (consumers) asking
for trouble by extensively using these products or am I being paranoid?

Kevin Flynn
Research Biologist
Duluth MN USA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/