IUBio

Temperature in Bergey's Determinative?

Andras Szilagyi szia at hanga.enzim.hu
Mon Sep 7 07:11:01 EST 1998

Hi,

someone who has a copy of Bergey's latest Manual of _Determinative_
Bacteriology at hand, please tell me: does the book include the optimum
temperatures (or temperature ranges) for each species? Or is this
information contained only in Bergey's four-volume Manual of _Systematic_
Bacteriology?

The "Systematic" Manual is hard for me to get, it is not found in any
libraries near my place; but I could get the "Determinative" Manual more
easily. I need, however, the temperature info for each species, and I'm
not sure whether I can find them in the Deteminative Manual.

Just send me a yes or no, saying whether or not the Determinative book
includes temperatures. Thanks!

Andras Szilagyi
Inst. of Enzymology
Hungarian Acad. Sci.