IUBio

Careers in Microbiology\

Dr. Michael J. Miller mignatz at servtech.com
Wed Oct 7 17:01:07 EST 1998

My suggestion would be to ensure that your PhD program is associated with
industry support activities, such as research consulting and/or
internships.  A PhD fresh out of graduate school with a history of
directly working with industry will land you that big paying job much
faster than if you spent 4-5 years doing basic academic research.  This is
what I look for when hiring PhDs in the medical device field.  Hope this
helps.

Dr. Michael J. Miller
Director, Biological and Sterilization Sciences
Bausch & Lomb