gravimetric analysis

Tineke Bradshaw mutant23 at email.msn.com
Wed Nov 25 14:06:31 EST 1998

my apologies in advance if these are the wrong newsgroups to post to....I
couldn't find any decent chemistry groups.

The problem I am faced with is the stoichiometry part of a gravimetric
analysis. I combined 1g. of an unknown metal carbonate M2Co3(Known to be an
alkali metal), with 80ml. of 0.20M BaCl2. A solid preciptated out. The solid
was filtered and weighed to 12.75g. What is the unknown metal???
Thanks in advance for your insights..