IUBio

Ebola / Marburg

john doe nobody at nowhere.com
Tue Jul 21 10:08:50 EST 1998

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:31:01 +0100, David Baxter
<david.3.baxter at bt.com> wrote:

>Can anyone reccomend some good reads or websites relating to these
>virus's.  I'm looking for stuff that goes a little in depth but not over
>my head (I'm no biology expert).  I'm interested in material that mostly
>looks at the historical and scientifical side of Ebola and Marburg type
>bugs.
I cannot remember the author off of the top of my head, but a must
read is "The Coming Plague". Don't let the book's thickness put you
off: it is a real page turner that covers everything from ebola to
toxic shock syndrome. Believe it or not, it is a book you cannot put
down, focusing on the field workers and discoveries in a way that a
non-scientist/biologist can understand.

Good luck!

Also, on the web, check out the Center for Disease Control and
Prevention : www.cdc.gov