IUBio

The Big, Bright Green Vaccine Machine, part 1

Michael O'Hara mjohara at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jul 4 05:10:57 EST 1998

TRKeske wrote:

<snip>

I m not sure what you are attempting to say here - if it is that the
polio vaccine were contaminated with SV-40, yep, that seems to be the
case. If you are saying that this is a bad idea, I'll agree again (see
below).

The Good Manufacturing Practice standard that is in operation for
veterinary and human vaccines requires a product be safe, pure,
effective and consistent. However, this is given in terms of the science
available at the time - hindsight as they say is 20/20.

Looking at requirements 1 and 2, you would have to say 1 is a maybe and
2 is a no. I cannot speak for the human vaccine industry but my
experience in the vet industry suggests that there may be organisms
present in vaccines tha twe know nothing about. This is because you
don't know what you don't know.

Anyone who thinks that vaccine production is a 100% thing does not
understand the industry - it is about risk assessment, It may not be
economically feasible to do it any other way.

Mike O'Hara