IUBio

need Help with identification

Phil jorge2 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 1 20:40:23 EST 1998

il128 at my-dejanews.com wrote:

> The morphology without any size determination is not much help. How big is
> this thing? It looks overly large to be a fungus. I would guess and it is a
> guess that what you are seeing is a protozoan. I think I should add that most
> fungi that invade the blood are yeast forms not imperfect forms of fungi.
> Many of these yeasts revert to imperfect forms after thay have invaded the
> body. If the individual has an fungal infection and there are fragments of
> the imperfect form in the blood the infection has progressed to the point of
> being untreatable. Paul
>
> In article <6n8kot$e1c at bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>,
>   "Dr. John Allocca" <allocca at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >
> > I'm having a great deal of difficulty identifying what looks like a fungus
> > in human blood. You can see the micrographs at:
> >
> > http://www.allocca.com/bood1.htm
> >
> > Please reply by e-mail.
> >
> > Thank you
> > --
> > John A. Allocca, Sc.D., Ph.D., C.C.N.
> > Medical Research Scientist, Certified Clinical Nutritionist
> > Allocca Technical, Inc.
> > 256 Main St, Suite 1105, Northport, NY 11768
> > Phone: (516) 757-3919   Fax: (516) 757-3918
> > E-Mail: john at allocca.com
> > http://www.allocca.com

> http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp   Create Your Own Free Member Forum

Paul seems right on - the entity apears to be too large and not
consitent in morphology with the typical fungal pathogens.  I think he
is confused regading "perfect" forms and is citing the yeast-mold
conversion of dimorphic fungi (neither of these is necessarily
"perfect").
Why do you think it's a fungus?  Any staining or culture results? You
might try some of the Calcofluor-based stains to look for Beta-linkages.

Phil Geis