r.p.m. or gravity?

Graham Shepherd muhero at globalnet.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 17:18:09 EST 1998

Speed in rpm does not by itself tell you anything about the centrifugation
conditions. The force developed depends also on the radius of the rotor. The
easiest way to convert is by a rotor nomogram or graph which lets you read
the RCF for any given speed in rpm. Otherwise there's an equation which lets
you calculate a 'K' factor for a rotor so you can calculate RCF from rpm.
Sorvall Dupont published a technical note about this several years ago.

GS