95 or NT on a lab computer

Karl Roberts kr1 at PGSTUMAIL.PG.CC.MD.US
Fri Jan 23 15:22:36 EST 1998

Don,
If you are going to use your new system as a server, NT is probably your
best bet. However, WIN95 will act as a server without much trouble, and
will allow you to access additional memory above the 24MB barrier you
normally have running WIN95 in desktop computer mode.  The advise I
generally give people who consult with me about these issues is use the
system which you are most comfortable with if that system will perform
the new operations you wish to add. I expect that you will want to
upgrade to NT soon, but you can probably do fine with 95.
Karl J. Roberts, Ph.D.
Prince George's Community College