95 or NT on a lab computer

Rex A. Hoover Rex at TriTekCorp.com
Fri Jan 23 17:19:27 EST 1998

"opinions on using Windows95 vs WindowsNT"

I recommend going with Windows 95.
We have 2 IBM personal computers in our lab connected via a 10Mbps LAN.
Both PC's have Windows 95 on them and setting up the LAN was a breeze.
We have an IBM 300PL with mother board based 10/100Mbps Ethernet and
an IBM 300GL with a 10/100Mbps Ethernet Network Interface Card
connected via RJ-45 cables to a 10base-T 8 port concentrator from Boca
Research Inc.   The concentrator, NIC and cables cost a grand total of $200
and
we can share files and printers with ease.    We also have been using the
300PL
for dial-up access and required nothing extra to make it work.
Regards,
Rex
http://www.tritekcorp.com