Looking for actinomycete vectors

Sergey.Zotchev at unigen.ntnu.no Sergey.Zotchev at unigen.ntnu.no
Fri Jan 16 06:14:47 EST 1998

Hi!
I am working with Streptomyces noursei strain which has proved to be
difficult to transform with common Streptomyces vectors based on SCP2,
pIJ101, pJV1 and pSG5 replicons. The problem seems to be inability of the
above plasmids to replicate in S. noursei. I would greatly appreciate if
people working with actinomycetes could send me the vectors isolated from
different species of the genera (i.e. not only Streptomyces, but also
Frankia,  Amycolatopsis, Nocardia etc.) so that I'll be able try to
introduce them into my strain. Many thanks in advance.
Sergey Zotchev
UNIGEN, NTNU,
N-7005 Trondheim, Norway
email: sergey.zotchev at unigen.ntnu.no