Bio-rad assay

MDAVOREN mdavoren at SERVER1.RTC-ATHLONE.IE
Thu Jan 15 14:13:48 EST 1998

Hi all,

I have just finished some growth studies on environmental bacteria
which are capable of breaking down a certain chemical.  While I have
recorded OD readings at 650nm for these bacteria I would also like to
back these up by determining the amount of protein present using the
above assay.

The samples after OD readings were centrifuged to pellet out the
bacteria and allow the residual chemical to be analysed by UV.  So my
samples are pelleted and currently frozen awaiting further analysis.
I would love to hear from people who have used this test (it seems
straight forward enough) and would appreciate any advice available.
Obviously I would have to thaw and re-centrifuge my samples before
analysis.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

              Kind regards,
                                     Maria Davoren