problems during protein expression

Jennifer jmorrison at upei.ca
Wed Jan 14 18:01:06 EST 1998

Hi.  My name is Jennifer Morrison.  I am a MSc student at the University
of Prince Edward Island.  In our lab, we are expressing a de novo
protein in bacterial cells and have had no problems in the past.  Lately
our cells, when harvested, have been gray-black in color and the protein
has not been showing up well, if at all, on gel.  If any of you happen
to have experienced this type of problem or have any suggestions as to
what the problem might be, please e-mail me at jmorrison at upei.ca

I am not very "newsgroup literate", so if you know of another way I
could find someone to help, please let me in on the details!  Thanks!