H.pylori in water?

Jeffrey Hughes hughes at agron.unp.ac.za
Sun Jan 11 07:46:57 EST 1998

H.pylori in water?

I am a postgraduate student at the University of Natal,
Pietermaritzburg in South Africa. My project involves the
isolation of H. pylori from some of the local rivers, in order to
begin to assess the possibility of these polluted waters acting as
potential reservoirs for this bacterium. I have considered using
PCR and culturing techniques to try and see if it is indeed present
in the rivers. If anyone has any ideas as to the best plan of attack,
please let me know.

Many thanks
Kerry Hughes (Miss)

e-mail: Hughes at Agron.unp.ac.za