B. cereus beta lactamase unit-conc conversion

John A Ballantyne ballanty at badlands.NoDak.edu
Sat Jan 10 18:12:37 EST 1998

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a way to translate beta lactamase
units into concentration. I realize that these are two very different
measurements but it seems like there would be some way to estimate beta
lactamase concentration from units.

i.e. I have a sample of beta lactmase that exhibits 4000 activity
units....approximately what protein concentration would this be equal to?

Thanks for your help,

John