HELP

Mr J P Kerslake kerslake at sees.bangor.ac.uk
Fri Jan 9 12:00:14 EST 1998

Gerd wrote:

> Mr J P Kerslake wrote:
> >
> > I have been droped in it. Some school students have arrived. They want
> > to do a project over the next 2 days.  I was lead to beleave that they
> > wanted to test river water for polution from a cheese factory.
> > However, today when they arrived I found out that they want to designe a
> > purifer to take the out put from a micro filtrator. Thre purifer must
> > either remove protein, fat, & lactose, or it must colate them so that
> > they can be removed by passing back thruog the filter. At present the
> > output has too high a BOD to be discharged into the river.
> >
> > Thanks in advance to ANYONE who can help.
>
> First of all someone should make the students realize that research
> project in microbiology generally cannot be done in two days.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Actually we got a prototype ion exchange
filter setup. They have taken it back too their school & will try out
different resins over the next 3 months. It was only the use of the
university workshops that was limited to 2.5 days. They alson used the
net to find out about other filter eg a disal 5 osmofilter. They will
try to try out these as well.
--
John Percy Kerslake, kerslake at SEES.bangor.ac.uk
Pager 01426-235878, dysliexia rules k o