Semicontinuous culture

Graham Shepherd muhero at globalnet.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 14:02:58 EST 1998

yarlipo at my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<6rdnto$bei$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Does anyone know the name for the cultivation method during fermentation,
>when you add nutrient medium, perform batch cultivation, then after the
>cycle's over you take away part of the culture liquid with cells, add
>nutrient medium and start a new cycle? I thought it would be fed-batch, but
>some of my colleages say that fed-batch is when you constantly add the
>nutrient medium.
>Thank you
>Tigran Arzumanov
>-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==-----
>http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp   Create Your Own Free Member Forum

Some people do call it fed batch. Others call it feed and draw. A rose by
any other name would smell as sweet....


More information about the Microbio mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net