IUBio

Faecal fans!

Andy yru at mindless.com
Wed Dec 17 02:46:37 EST 1997

Can anyone help me with what appears to be a simple problem regarding
C.difficile anti-toxin A & B.

I am looking at using ELISA for detection of the C. diff toxins.

What "amount" of toxin SHOULD be detected?
Kits appear to detect from 0.25 - 1.5 ng/ml.

What level would indicate significance? I would have thought ANY amount.

Please tell me what kit you use and what level it detects and if the kit
is good! Please!!!

Also, what is the "gold standard" to compare this too. I recall from my
"chained-to-the-bench" days of some sort of "plate" method. Does it have
a name?

All replies greatly appreciated except those from those nasty Spammers!

Andrew