IUBio

tranposition:Tn2603 res-tnpR-tnpA

lksiu lksiu at hkucc.hku.hk
Tue Jul 16 10:35:57 EST 1996

I am a postgraduate student.
I have some problems concerning with the function of transposiion.
I do not know if anyone can tell me more about the function.
I knew that the arrangement of some transponsons are quit different.
Some of them such as Tn3, the order of genes is tnpR-res-tnpA.
AS Tn2603, the order of the genes is res-tnpR-tnpA.
I really want to know how this order affect the transposition.
Furthermore, I have sequenced a cloning plasmid contaning part of Tn2603.
There is a insertion not far away after tnpR and toward to tnpA.
I try to figure out this position is right inside the tnpA or not
but I can't find any infromation about the exact location of tnpA and tnpR on Tn2603.