IUBio

Transposition: E.mail correction

Park Ng spng at hkusub.hku.hk
Mon Jul 1 22:55:16 EST 1996

I am a graduate student. I am looking forward to having some information that
concerning with the resolution site inside a transposon. Would anyone tell me
how
does it work during transposition? How does it affect the transfer frequency?
Would it be affect if kind of insertion or deletion is involved? I have found
a bacteria that cannot tranfer their resistance either by conjugation or
transformation.
Sequence data showed that a insertion inside the res. site have been
identified.
I did not know. Is this insertion responsible for the intransferable outcom?
I am much appreciated if anyone can teach me above question.
My E.mail: Krisiu at HKUSUA.HKU.HK
Thank for attention