IUBio

beginners guide to microscopes

Steve Lulay longsys at teleport.com
Mon Dec 16 23:48:27 EST 1996

Please advise:

I'd like to purchase a microscope capable of identifying and viewing
bacteria such as staphlococcus or strep.  But first I need to learn
more about microscopes.  Do you know where (on the web) I could find a
'beginners guide' on what to look for in buying a good quality, low
end professional biological microscope?

What magnifications would be most useful?

Is it possible to find good used microscopes?

What are the factors to consider when buying a microscope?

Et Cetera.

Thanks!

Steve Lulay
email:  longsys at teleport.com